8.09.2011

Baby is coming!!

Wow how fast time flys!!! I seriously can't believe that I could possibly be a mom tomorrow! When I first found out I was pregnant (last December) I thought August would never come. I thought 9/10 months sounded like eternity. Well I go in tomorrow at 8:30am to start the induction process. I had originally been on the fence about being induced but now I am glad that I decided to go with this choice. My doctor will be out of town on my due date so that was kind of the deciding factor. But now that I am over 39 weeks pregnant and living in Las Vegas in August tomorrow can't come soon enough!
I have been really busy these last couple weeks trying to get our house put back together before baby gets here. I was still working at least 3 days a week (Friday was my last day for awhile). So being busy with work and house stuff this last month has flown by. I seriously can't believe it is really here. I think for awhile I was kind of in la la land or denial about how fast time was passing by and that the baby would be here in x amount of days. Like Tanner would keep saying this is our last Saturday without having a kid etc and I would be like ya I know but it really hasn't sunk in until now. Like tomorrow I could be a mother and have a baby! So crazy to me still! I guess that has answered my question all along of why is pregnancy so long and miserable?! So we can prepare for the baby! I blame part of my craziness on my pregnancy hormones right now. I guess I am just anxious for the unknown part of labor. People have told me all the little unknown things to expect etc but it is still going to be such a crazy experience. Can't wait to see what he looks like! Can't wait to hold him and hear that first cry! Can't wait to finally decide on his name! Haha I haven't been having any regular or strong contractions. I've had lower back pain and crampy like pains but nothing too bad. I was dilated to 2cm last thursday and my doctor didnt think I would even make it until now so we'll see where I am at tomorrow! I was trying to lay low all weekend and not go into labor bc we still have people at our house as I type this fixing everything from the flood! We'll have to get some pictures up once we get home from the hospital and get a bit more settled! Well wish us luck! Tanner is beyond excited and has been talking to the baby all weekend telling him to come out now while I was telling him the other way around! I can't wait to see Tanner hold his son, he's gonna be such an amazing dad! Well updates will follow I am sure!

1 comment:

Kim Marx said...

Awwe. Congratulations. I hope all goes perfectly for you two.