9.15.2010

the gym



So I'm at the gym yesterday and I saw a grown women working out in pigtails...then I saw another and then I saw another! I saw 3 grown women over the age of 40 with pigtails in their hair! I don't know why this bugged me so bad but this led me to write a list of DO's and DONT's at the gym

Don't wear pigtails if you aren't in the daycare
Don't wear sunglasses inside while working out its weird
Don't drench yourself in cologne its a bad combo of B.O and nasty cologne
Don't wear a ton of makeup you look ridiculous
Don't take the treadmill right by me when there is a whole row open
Don't take my favorite treadmill by the fan and in front of the TV ok thanks
Don't wear those web toed weird shoe things that belong in the ocean
Don't smoke a cig and then come inside and work out you stink
Don't wear hats inside its not sunny and they get sweaty really sweaty

Do wear deodorant please
Do sing along with your headphones its funny
Do wear proper gym attire its weird to work out in jeans
Do leave all your jewelry at home
Do have a silent competition with the person right next to you its good motivation
Do bring a towel if you sweat mmmk
Do grunt loudly because clearly it helps you
Do fall alseep on a machine, old man, its too cute I adore you

All in all you can tell some things bug me at the gym! Maybe I'm there too often but frankly I'm just glad you are there working out so if you like to work out in jeans with those weird toe shoes be my guest (just dont come run right next to me;)

2 comments:

brittney perry said...

brittney's solution to this problem:

don't work out. that presents a whole set of other problems (giggle) but whatever.

Collin and Traci said...

AMEN! I love the whole post! for every do/don't listed, I could relate 100% to how you feel. thank you for putting it so elloquently.