
I have a confession to make and maybe Im writing this to get your response because Ive realized something....I dont like reading the last book of a series.
I know weird right because I loved the first book so much I couldnt wait for the second, the second was awesome and then by the time the last one comes out??? Im not sure If I just get burned out of the characters or if the plot stinks by then or if society hypes the book up too much by then?? I dont know but lately I just cant seem to get into the last books. Examples....breaking dawn! confession still on page like 150????....I know I think the thing here is that I read twilight before the big hype and I even liked new moon but by eclipse I was getting burnt out then it took another year for breaking dawn to come out and the movies and the crazy vampire loving moms it just took it out of me.
Second confession mockingjay....I read hunger games like 2 summers ago and loved it and read catching fire in like one night. But by the time mockingjay came out it got popular (which is awesome for the writers) and maybe it took too long or maybe she just had to stretch to get to a third book?? I dont know I just started mockingjay and Im only on chapter 5 so maybe I will end up liking it but Im not crazy about it at all. So there is my confession. Any suggestions? Anyone else with the problem? Maybe I wont start reading the first book until the last one is out so I can just read all 3 at once?? I dont know but Im over waiting for the last book to come and it not be a page turner for me.
2 comments:
I totally get how you feel! I got burned out and it took me awhile to get through Mockingjay. It's not as great as I expected it to be. Its hard to get through at first, but it does get a little better as it goes on. But I totally felt the same way about Breaking Dawn too... so you are not alone. Im not sure what it is.
I liked the first two hunger games better than Mockingjay but still enjoyed the last one so hopefully it doesn't disappoint you too much!
Post a Comment