7.28.2010

smoothie time



My husband used to work at a smoothie place in high school. So naturally he makes awesome smoothies. They are my favorite! When I was running a lot he used to make me protein smoothies all the time.

Being in over 100 degree weather everyday I have been craving his smoothies! Here is a recipe for one that's probably close to my favorite enjoy!!

Strawnana Berry

12 oz apple juice
1 frozen banana (he splits the banana in half first then freezes a bunch at once in a ziploc bag they blend easier being cut in half)
3-4 Large frozen strawberries (frozen fruit is key!)
one large scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt (we like dreyers in the purple container)
and one cup of ice

Blend and enjoy
makes 24 oz.
*you can add ground flaxseed for an omega boost

1 comment:

Zaira Benson said...

I remember he made us a smoothie last summer when we stayed at your house. It was so good!