3.02.2010

past present and future


So I have been debating on whether or not to post about this because it is really not as big of deal as it could of been but I got laid off of work last Friday. It was a bitter sweet moment. I've worked there for over a year and loved the experience I got. With this economy the medical spa I have been working at just slowing got slower and slower and couldnt afford to have two estheticians anymore. But I know everything happens for a reason and Im grateful for the opportunity I had to work there.

We were planning on moving to Vegas the end of April after Tanner graduates but now that I don't have a job I'll probably be moving down sooner to find a job in Vegas and Tanner will be moving down as soon as his last final gets done. It's been frustrating trying to know what to do and what would be best for us but I've learned through these experiences. I have learned that saving money each month really is a good thing. I am grateful that Tanner knows how to save and manage money bc if not this situation could been a lot scarier than it has been. I am grateful for my HF and his plan of Happiness. I know there is a light at the end of this trial we are going through and I am grateful for this experience. It has brought Tanner and I closer to each other and closer to our HF. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and we can learn from them.

I just signed up for my last class before I can get my associates degree! Yes once class and I am done! So from now until we move I'll be trying to finish my class and I'll be back and forth from here and Vegas trying to find a job! I know everything will work out. I am grateful for my husband for being so understanding and supportive. I went running on saturday morning 6 miles to be exact. I ran all my emotions and frustrations out. I knew the house was a mess and it needed a deep cleaning. I came home from my run to a different place. Tanner had deep cleaned the whole house! Such an amazing husband just what I needed to come home too! Not to mention the ice cream we got that night (ice cream makes everything all better right?!)

7 comments:

Muncher Cruncher said...

Cami I am so sorry about your job!! But I completely agree with everything you said. If there is one thing I have learned this year it is that everything really does happen for a reason. I am so sad you are moving to vegas but excited for you guys too! We need to go to lunch soon, and p.s. SO proud of you on the running. You're amazing!! xoxoxo

Benita said...

Cami!! i'm sorry about your job :( i just went through the same thing. not easy. but you and megs are right... everything happens for a reason. we need to see you before you go! and don't worry... we will come visit you in vegas allllll the time :)

brittney perry said...

Cami. boo for the crappy economy. but you are incredible and have such a good attitude. I love you. miss you. have fun in vegas...

kelsey and murray said...

Cami! I am so so sorry to hear about your job. I could imagine how frustrating and hard that would be. I admire you so much for your outlook. You are such a darling girl and I look up to you! If you need ANYTHING please let me know!!!

Roxy said...

Millie so sorry about your job. But like you said, everything does happen for a reason, and you're so lucky to have Tanner to help you along the way! I hope your interview went well in Vegas, and now we have to reschedule lunch!

Zaira Benson said...

I'm sorry to hear about your job. But it's nice to know you're so positive about the situation. Everything will work out. Always remember what Grannybird tells us "keep smiling". Everything is better when you smile! I'm sure you guys will do great in Vegas. Just remember I'm jealous of you moving there... that will make you feel better :)
ps. I don't know how you run 6 miles.

Mindee said...

Hey cami, Ugh I know exactly how you feel!That happened to me last oct, our office was s-l-o-w & I had worked there almost a yr. It is frustrating, but I am in awe of your positive perspecitve, and thats what helps you through those hard times. Go you Girl! I am sure going to miss you when you guys move to Vegas, you sure make our relief society so fun and you are my favorite lesson giver! :)