11.19.2009

Acts of Kindness


Tanner and I have loved having our younger siblings up here at college with us! We have them over for Sunday dinners each week and love their company!

We started doing mini family home evening after dinner each week. This week I shared some things from President Monson's talk during conference about doing something small everyday for someone else. I thought back to so many times in my life when I could of taken an extra minute to do something nice for someone else. Do you guys remember the story from his talk about the guy whose dad asked them at the dinner table every night what they did for someone else that day? What a neat idea! Darren volunteered to take this week challenge and report to us on Sunday while Carley will be giving us the lesson this week.

Tanner and I are so lucky to be apart of such great families. Thanks for being great examples and showing us how to be Christlike. It's hard to not get caught up in our own daily problems and struggles and to step outside our comfort zone to help someone else.

Today in the Library I was doing some homework minding my own business when a special needs girl came up and sat by me. She automatically starts chit chatting with me. I won't lie at first I was like really I need to get this homework done but than I caught myself being so selfish ugh. I sat their and talked to her for awhile. What a sweet spirit she had. She asked me how my homework was going and what I was studying. She told me how she loves car movies (she owns ALL of the fast and furious videos). Even though I only chatted with her for a short while it was a sweet moment for me. A moment to be grateful for people like her in the world. People that are so humble, sweet, kind and considerate.

My challenge for you is to do something today for someone else...really its not that hard and I promise you won't regret that small little kind act of service because when ye have done it unto one of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matt 25:40

Go ahead and share with us... brighten up our days!!

3 comments:

Cristin said...

Dear Lovely Momma Cams...

Why don't you do a sweet little thing for me and give me blog notes????

:)

Love you.
C

kathie said...

K...Sis. Wells got your old momma crying....You really should have been the mom...really...I sure love you, you have a beautiful spirit...I learn from you...thank you for being a powerful influence on Carly and Darren. They are so lucky to have you and Tanner for examples!!! Love you both sooooooooo much!!!!!!

Benita said...

oh my you guys are adorable. I just love you two. Thanks so much for coming to my birthday dinner and for that gift! I have already started chuck! You guys are great. I want to see you more.