I moved home for the last two months of summer and it was the best summer I have had. I don't know why I have been continually blessed in my life. A couple of different times this summer I just took a step back. I would be surrouned by amazing family members who have unconditionally loved me throughout my life and wonder how I got this lucky?
I look at my parents and what is most important to them. All they want is for their children to be happy. My mom is the most loving person I know. She always is thinking of other people. I honestly can't think of a time growing up where my mom did something for herself. My mother always is so aware of people around her and what they are going through. She truly is an instrument for the Lord. And my father and what a love for the gospel he has. What a blessing to have a worthy priesthood holder as my father. My dad is a really big tease but it is amazing to see his tender side. I think every little kid growing up thinks their dad knows everything. But I really do think my dad must come close to knowing everything. Everytime I ask him a question about most anything he always knows the answer. What examples my parents have been to me in my life. I have amazing siblings and cousins and friends who are not only there for me every step of the way but love me through each step too. It really has been interesting to see how the lord meets our needs through other people. There have been times in my life that without some people being there for me that I couldn't have made it.
During these couple weeks of being home I have just taken steps back. When I was younger I remember hearing my mom or other adults saying ya when you come to that point in your life or when you can take a step back in that situation and then youll know its those small and simple things that really make this journey enjoyable.I usually am a very talkative person but lately I have just listened and absorbed everything. I've realized that this is what life is all about; returning back to our Father in heaven with these people by your side. This summer I have reached that point in my life and I know there are a lot more points in my life that I will reach but this summer I have found the good in people, I have taken in all those small and simple things, and I have felt the love of my Savior.
7 comments:
this must be that summer for lots of people. I was just talking to megan about this. Love you cams. You are the best. Thanks for everything you do for me :)
Oh.... your mom is going to be so proud when she reads this post. It brought tears to my eyes so I know it's going to make her BAWL! (I'm calling her right now) It is so fun to watch you little girls grow into amazing young women....I love you and hope this next year brings you all your dreams!
and what is my daughter doing posting at 3:53 AM????
Kris is right...I started reading early this morning and thought I cannot start crying already I've been crying all weekend (ask Josh!!) I am so grateful for you Cami and the amazing young lady you are. I love you so much and would not have made it the past 2 months without you home...you were suppose to be here that I know. Thank you for giving of your self and helping out...we are blessed to have you in our family..love you so much mom...xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxox
I found you!
i love you.
Yup. Just here at the BYU game checking out your blog. C Bop you are the best. I am so grateful to have you in my life..you have taught me so many things. I can't believe this might be our last year together! I love you!
Post a Comment